The Astell&Kern SE300 is a world first Class A analogue output digital audio player.
The Future of Analogue Sound, Astell&Kern SE300
A&futura from Astell&Kern is a product line that represents Astell&Kern’s ceaseless efforts for innovation. SE300, the fourth model in the A&futura range is a premium digital audio player that inherits this identity and expands the scope of sound with an entirely new implemented technology.
A&futura SE300 is equipped with an ultra-refined R-2R DAC, Class A/AB dual amps born with our proprietary TERATON ALPHA technology, and for the first time a self-developed FPGA optimised technology. With these unrivalled components, it offers the true sound philosophy and technology of Astell&Kern.
Immerse yourself into the true analogue sound that the SE300 produces with Class-A AMP and R-2R DAC technologies, for the first time in an Astell&Kern player.
The design concept for the A&futura SE300 is ‘Stream’
Like small ripples on water turning into crashing waves, we designed the SE300 with Class A AMP, the ultimate AMP form, to have a unique identity.
The main body made from aluminum has streamlined surfaces that represent the flow of music. Through this, we create a firm yet flexible image. We added intensity by using contrasting materials such as stainless steel and glass to further enhance the theme of ‘Stream’. In addition to this, the bottom section of the device curves outward, allowing for a more ergonomic grip whilst using the player.
The right side of the SE300 is coated with stainless steel to enhance visual focus. The polished side and triangular-patterned volume wheel are key to creating powerful and visually striking contrasts. The straight pattern on the rear of the volume wheel elevates the visual density and allows users to control volume and visually check the changes. The wheel lighting is placed behind the volume wheel to avoid direct exposure whilst allowing the light to be reflected on the side decorations and volume wheel knurl, creating the effect of light bursting from the inside.
The rear glass also features a new etching pattern, continuing the concept of ‘Stream’ The basic pattern features the A logo of Astell&Kern, designed to present an overall flow of stream with differences in size. This etching pattern amplifies the sense of flow with the differences in inclinations, adding a sense of depth to the rectangular rear glass that may otherwise look dull.
- Model SE300
- Body Colour Platinum Silver
- Body Material Aluminium and Stainless Steel
- Display 5.46inch HD 1080 x 1920 touch screen
- Supported Audio Formats WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample rate PCM : 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) DSD : DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Output Level [Normal] Unbalanced 2Vrms │ Balanced 4Vrms (Condition No Load)
[High] Unbalanced 3Vrms │ Balanced 6Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU Quad-core
- DAC Full Discrete R-2R
- Decoding Support up to 32bit / 384kHz playback
- Input USB Type-C input (for charging & PC & MAC)
- Outputs Unbalanced Out (3.5mm), Optical Out(3.5mm)
Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported | 4.4m, only 5-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- Bluetooth V5.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, LDAC)
- Dimensions 3.01” (76.45mm)[W] x 5.49” (139.45mm)[H] x 0.69” (17.6mm)[D]
- Weight About 11.18oz (317g)
- Feature Enhancements Firmware upgrade supported (OTA)
- Operating Temperature 0℃ ~ + 40℃ (32℉~ 104℉)
- Frequency Response ±0.038dB (Condition : 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced │Balanced
±0.45dB (Condition : 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced │Balanced
- S/N 114dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced │ 115dB @ 1kHz, Balanced (Normal Gain)
115dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced │ 115dB @ 1kHz, Balanced (High Gain)
- Crosstalk -135dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced │ -144dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- THD+N 0.006% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced │ 0.006% @ 1kHz, Balanced
- IMD SMPTE 0.005% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Unbalanced │Balanced
- Output Impedance Unbalanced Out 3.5mm (1.3ohm) │ Balanced Out 2.5mm (1.3ohm), 4.4mm(1.3ohm)
- Built-in Memory 256GB [NAND]
- External Memory microSD x1 (Max. 1TB)