An ingenious little device at a great price offering audiophile performance on a budget! The Emotiva SP1 is a high-performance phono preamplifier and passive relay-controlled analogue input selector.
- The Emotiva SP-1 is designed to work with our Stealth DC-1 DAC, or your current DAC or analog preamp, to expand its flexibility and input capabilities dramatically. When you connect the SP-1 to an available line-level stereo analog input on your preamp or DAC, the SP-1 upgrades that single input to three line level inputs, passively switched by precision control relays, and a phono input, powered by the SP-1’s own internal high performance, low noise precision phono preamp (which supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges).
Upgrade Your DC-1 Into a Complete Modular Digital and Analogue Preamp
The Stealth SP-1 can be used with any analogue preamp, or with our Control Freak passive level control, but it was specifically designed to complement our Stealth DC-1 DAC. When the SP-1 is paired with the DC-1 via its analog input, the two together comprise a modular system, which offers a total of three line level analog inputs, one phono input, and a full complement of five digital inputs – two Coax S/PDIF inputs, one Toslink input, one AES/EBU input, and one high-performance USB input. The DC-1 provides both balanced and unbalanced stereo analogue outputs, and a precision low noise volume control. The complete system is operated by the DC-1’s remote control, and offers performance matching the best analogue and digital separates.
Note: The Stealth SP-1 can only be used with a DAC or preamp which has at least one available line level unbalanced analogue input – such as our DC-1 or XSP-1.
The Stealth SP-1; turn your DC-1 into a high performance modular audio system.
Flexible High-Performance Audio Switching
- Provides three line level unbalanced analog inputs and one precision MC/MM phono input for any device with an available unbalanced line level analog input.
- Precision switching relays add virtually no noise or distortion to the line level inputs.
- Front panel input selector buttons with blue halo illumination.
High-Quality Phono Preamp
- High quality precision phono preamp supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges.
Integration With The DC-1
- Integrates with our DC-1 DAC to become a modular analog and digital preamp.
- When used with our DC-1, the DC-1 remote control operates both units.
- Includes its own separate compact IR remote control.
- Top quality construction for years of reliable service.
- Gold plated solid brass machined RCA input and output connectors.
- Convenient 1U half-width case (can be mounted side by side with a DC-1in a standard panel rack with the optional mounting kit).
- Solid aluminum front panel with Emotiva “stealth” styling.
- Solid steel case for superior strength and electrical shielding.
Audio Specifications (Analogue Inputs)
- Line Level Analogue Inputs:
Line level analogue inputs on the SP-1 are switched using precision control relays. This signal path is entirely passive, and so introduces virtually no additional noise or distortion to the analog signal. The signal level and source impedance are determined solely by the source device.
Audio Specifications (Phono Input)
- Input Impedance:
MM: 47k Ohms.
MC: user selectable – 47, 100, 470, 1k Ohms.
MM: 40 dB.
MC: 60 dB.
- Frequency Response:
MM: RIAA + / – 0.12 dB, 20 Hz – 20 kHz.
MC: RIAA + / – 0.25 dB, 20 Hz – 20 kHz.
- Signal to Noise Ratio (S/N; A weighted):
MM: > 88 dB.
MC: > 68 dB.
MM: <0.0075 % @ 1 kHz; < 0.03%, 20 Hz – 20 kHz.
MC: <0.006 % @ 1 kHz; < 0.08%, 20 Hz – 20 kHz.
- Power Source:
115 VAC or 230 VAC; auto-switching.
- Power consumption:
approximately 15 watts.
- Power cable:
Standard IEC AC power cable.
1-3/4” high x 8-1/2” wide x 10” deep (unboxed; including connectors).
18” long x 12-3/4” wide x 3-1/2” high (boxed).
3 lbs (unboxed).
6 lbs (boxed).