Emotiva RMC-1L is a chopped-down version of the top-of-the range Emotiva RMC1, with all the essentials at a lower price.
The Emotiva RMC-1L is a Reference Level 3D audio surround sound processor/preamplifier with 16 discrete channels – designed from the ground up to serve as the nerve centre of a state-of-the-art home cinema and surround sound music system.
Here at Emotiva, we have an absolute passion for sound quality; it’s in our DNA. When we set out to design the RMC-1L, our goal was to deliver the same Reference-Caliber sound quality from movies that we demand from our favorite audiophile recordings. We engineered an innovative hardware platform from the ground up combining powerful, cutting-edge digital audio technologies and meticulous classic analog circuit design to deliver the highest quality, immersive audio experience. To control this advanced hardware, we developed an all-new proprietary operating system, which we carefully engineered to be both simple to use and incredibly flexible. Creating the entire system in-house gave us precise control over the design and construction process and continues to enable us to carefully fine-tune the features and capabilities of each of our processors. Many of these innovations were first showcased in our critically acclaimed XMC-1 processor.
The RMC-1L takes this technological innovation to the next level. The RMC-1L incorporates the latest 4k video switching capabilities and most advanced surround sound decoding and processing. It also has sixteen channels of the latest audio digital to analog conversion hardware to take full advantage of object-oriented surround sound formats – Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. 18 Gbps, bit-perfect video switching in the RMC-1L ensure that you’ll get the best possible image quality from the latest HDR and DolbyVision 4k UHD content. The advanced audio decoding engine, audio processing hardware, and room correction options guarantee true audiophile sound quality and system performance in any room. The RMC-1L is not only a superb home theater processor but is also a true audiophile stereo and multichannel audio component. It’s what makes the RMC-1L stand out from other processors on the market.
The RMC-1L fulfills our vision of what a high-end surround sound processor should be.
Perfect for BOTH Home Theater Fans And Audiophiles
The RMC-1L delivers the level of audio performance and features you would expect from separate high-end audiophile components, but combines those with precise bit-perfect video switching of the latest HDR and DolbyVision 4k UHD video content, and plenty of channels to support the latest object-oriented home theater surround sound formats (including Dolby Atmos up to 9.1.6 and DTS:X up to 7.1.4). The RMC-1L offers the full range of audio options, from native playback of DSD audio to pure analog playback in our audiophile Reference Stereo mode, to full decoding of the latest object-oriented soundtracks. With the RMC-1L you really can have it all….. with no compromises.
Operating Modes for the Discerning Listener:
When used as a fully featured home theater processor, the RMC-1L starts by decoding the audio from your movie soundtracks and surround sound sources with the best possible sound quality. Sophisticated bass management directs the low-frequency components of the audio spectrum to your subwoofer. This finely tuned digital audio is then converted into high-quality analog audio by precision DACs and sent to your amplifiers – via a high-quality analog resistor ladder volume controls and audiophile-grade analog circuitry.
If you listen to high-resolution audio downloads or other high-quality music sources which don’t require all of that advanced processing, the RMC-1L offers several purist audiophile modes. High-quality digital sources, both PCM and DSD, can be converted directly to analog by the precision high-performance DACs, bypassing all additional processing. If you have analog sources which don’t require any processing at all, they can be routed directly to the superb quality, fully balanced analog signal path, completely bypassing all digital processing.
Support For The Latest Audio and Video Formats
Digital video is continually evolving to deliver a sharper picture, more colors, and more advanced features – making it difficult to keep track of what you actually need to take advantage of the latest video content and this year’s HD 4k displays. The RMC-1L has eight HDMI video inputs and two HDMI video outputs, all of which support HDMI 2.0b and HDCP 2.2. The RMC-1L supports the full HDMI 2.0b 18 Gbps video data rate, so it supports full 4k UHD video, at frame rates up to 4k/60, with full 12-bit color, and 4.4.4 chroma subsampling. It also supports static and dynamic HDR, including DolbyVision, for a brilliant picture with pure, intense colors, and remarkable contrast. The RMC-1L provides everything you need to get the most from the latest 4k streaming content and UHD Blu-Ray discs.
The RMC-1L supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the latest object-oriented surround sound formats, and Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio, the current high-quality standard surround sound formats. Of course, the RMC-1L also provides full support for all of the usual analog and digital audio formats, including PCM and DSD digital audio, via both HDMI and USB.
Designed and Assembled in the USA with Globally Sourced Components
Assembling products here in the USA gives us exceptional control over every facet of the design and production process. We build the highest quality products for our customers while minimizing unnecessary complications and production delays. As with many of our current products, the RMC-1L is assembled in our production center here in Franklin, Tennessee – just south of Nashville.
Audio Operating Modes (modes determine how the audio signal is processed by the RMC-1L):
- Reference Stereo Mode: Purist stereo mode with no bass management; analog signals remain pure analog.
- Direct Mode: Minimal processing with bass management.
- Surround Mode: Full surround sound processing, with bass management and room correction.
- Stereo Mode: Full bass management and room correction for stereo input signals.
- All Stereo Mode
Decoding and Processing
Surround Sound Processing Support:
- Dolby Atmos (up to 9.1.6).
- Dolby TrueHD (up to 7.2).
- Dolby Digital Plus.
- Dolby Digital.
- DTS:X (up to 7.1.4)
- DTS-HD Master Audio.
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio.
- DTS 5.1.
- Multi-Channel PCM.
Digital Post Processing Support:
- Dolby Surround.
- DTS Neural:X.
Displays and Controls
Front Panel Display:
- Dual, independently configurable, 64 x 256 resolution, blue OLED displays.
On-Screen Display (OSD):
- Configurable full color OSD displayed over live video, including 4k and 3D sources.
Controls and Remote Control Options:
- Front panel control via unique multi-axis encoder, which combines a precision rotary encoder and a sensitive four-quadrant joystick type controller.
- Full sized machined aluminum infrared remote control with discrete buttons for HDMI input selection, trim adjustments, and other major functions.
- Remote control apps – available for Apple and Windows computers and Android phones.
- Integration with universal infrared remote controls and popular infrared and network operated whole-home control systems.
- Four flexible Trigger Outputs can be independently configured to activate amplifiers or other trigger-enabled equipment.
Inputs / Outputs
Analogue Audio Inputs:
- (1) pair; stereo: Reference quality analog audio (balanced XLR).
- (3) pairs; stereo: Reference quality analog audio (unbalanced; machined gold-plated RCA connectors).
Analogue Audio Outputs:
- (1) set; 16 channels: Main analog audio outputs (balanced XLR).
- (1) pair; stereo: analog line level Zone 2 output (unbalanced).
- (1) high quality 1/8” stereo headphone output.
Digital Video Inputs and Outputs:
- (8): HDMI digital video inputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (all inputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR, including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
- (2): HDMI digital video outputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (one with CEC and ARC). (both outputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR – including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
Digital Audio Inputs:
- Internal high-performance AM/FM tuner.
- (4): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (4): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (1): AES/EBU (XLR) digital audio.
- (1): USB Type B digital audio (UAC2 USB audio up to 24/192k)
- Digital PCM and DSD audio supported on all HDMI inputs and USB input
Digital Audio Outputs:
- (1): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio.
- (1): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio.
- (2): USB Type A digital data inputs (for firmware updates and future enhancements).
- (1): Ethernet port (RJ-45) (network connection for Dirac and remote control applications).
Cutting Edge Operating System and Processors
Main System Processor:
- The RMC-1L is controlled by our own proprietary Linux-based operating system, and by several powerful DSP engines, each running custom software code.
- The main control functions on the RMC-1L are handled by a Texas Instruments AM-1808 Sitara Arm9 32 bit 375MHz processor.
- The RMC-1L is a pure video switch; video inputs are switched directly to the appropriate output without any unnecessary processing. Video switching on the RMC-1L is handled by three Panasonic MN864788 High Speed LSI 4k UHD Video Switches.
- All audio decoding and post processing is handled by twin Analog Devices, dual-core, 450 MHz DSP engines.
- Audio digital-to-analog conversion for each of the 16 main audio outputs is performed by an individual AKM4490 Verita DAC operating in fully balanced Mono mode.
Dimensions & Weight
- Unboxed: 17” Wide x 15.5” Deep x 5.25” High (not counting feet).
- Unboxed: 17” Wide x 15.5” Deep x 5.75” High (with feet).
- Boxed: 22″ Wide x 19″ Deep x 10″ High
- Unboxed 22 lbs.
- Boxed 31 lbs.